This utility is written mainly for Flight Simluator (with extra feature for FSX Deluxe version), but can be also usefull if you want to activate keyboard macros from special keyboard(s). With latest version mouse & game devices support was added (see below).
- manage multiple keyboards/mouses connected to one PC
- different key on different keyboard has assigned it's own command
- mouse buttons on different mouses can be also used as macro trigeer - including mouse wheel
- also game devices can trigger macros. Not only buttons, but also axis.
- when a key activates macro, it's own beahvior (e.g. sending letter code to windows) is deactivated
- macro can send another keyboard keys, launch application, send commands to Flight simulators (FS9, FSX, XPL) or activate script
- when no macro is assigned, keyboard/mouse works as usual
This software is freeware. Author provides no warranty.
FS usage example - the cheapest home cockpit
Connect any old keyboard and just stick paper labels with FS buttons. Then you define macro commands just for this keyboard. It means e.g. "A" on this old keyboard can turn autopilot on/off, but "A" on your regular keyboard will work just as before. The command can be either keyboard shorcut sent to FS window or SimConnect event (see FSX SDK for available events and their description).
Refer to videos page to see HIDMacros in action.