PLEASE provide example for FS2004 and FSUIPC

Announcements, general discussion
kwbraley

PLEASE provide example for FS2004 and FSUIPC

Post by kwbraley » 13 Sep 2014, 14:08

Anyone;

I have been successful at setting up FSX, Prepar3d and X-Plane 10 to use 4 keyboards for my simulated cockpit. Love HidMacros for virtually eliminating the mouse and keyboard (CTRL, Shift, Alt) combinations. Recently reinstalled FS9 on my new system and it runs SOOO smooth and looks Great too. Problem is I don't know how to link HidMacros to FSUIPC in order to assign the same keyboard functions that I have setup for FSX/Prepar3d. Unfortunately I am not very good at scripting and there are NO good examples (that I have been able to find) on the internet. ALL I am asking for is someone to upload an HidMacros .xml file showing the FS9 scripting and a step-by-step explanation of how to assign these scripting macros to FSUIPC key presses on multiple keyboards.

A few examples such as Landing lights toggle; pushing a button to activate Autopilot and then press another button for Autopilot Altitude Hold; etc...

Please don't tell me that the answer is on the HidMacros scripting page or in the FSUPIC documentation. Respectively they address each programs functions but do not explain how to combine both into a usable product.

Again, thanks to Petr Medek for an awesome program.

(PS - Petr, I will gladly donate the cost of the registered version of FSUPIC for FS9 if you would write an in-depth tutorial on how to make this all work with FS2004)

admin
Site Admin

Re: PLEASE provide example for FS2004 and FSUIPC

Post by admin » 15 Sep 2014, 08:25

Thanks for offer but donation won't make any difference as free version is fine for HidMacros interfacing and I don't have FS9 installed any more for testing.
What I can recommend without any testing is to have a look at some tutorial - how to define scripted macro, e.g. here.
Instead of HIDMacros.FSXEvent paste command

Code: Select all

HIDMacros.SetFSUIPCInt &H262, 2, 1
Then hit Compile all.
Now firing the macro should pause the simulator.
If it works, I can write how to send other commands.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

kwbraley

Post by kwbraley » 17 Sep 2014, 22:24

Petr;

:D Worked PERFECT :D . Thanks. I really thought there was more to it then that. Guess I was trying to make it TOO hard.

Anyway, Have started to experiment with more FS9 FSUIPC Offsets that are in the "FSUIPC for Programmers" PDF. Can get the Lights (using @H280, 1, 1) to come ON but can't toggle OFF with the same button. Are there "Toggle" options?

Any additional help with these type commands would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Keith

kwbraley

Post by kwbraley » 18 Sep 2014, 20:07

:D :D :D

Petr;

It finally ALL came together. I really was making it too hard. By using "HIDMacros.SetFSUIPCInt &H3110, 4, *****" and Pete Dowson's "List of FS2004 Controls", I can now assign basically the same keyboard commands for FS9 as I have for FSX, Prepar3d and X-Plane.

Thanks again for that one nugget of information that put everything else in place.

If I get into anything deeper than just basic key presses, I may need some further assistance.

For now "Life is Good",

Keith

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 19 Sep 2014, 07:29

Welcome, glad it works :-)
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

JmLingon

Post by JmLingon » 03 May 2017, 10:19

Hello sir, I know that this was ages ago. I just want to know why HIDMacros can't recognize my other keyboard?