problem with acute accent dead key in spanish keyboard

Report application bugs here
jcfifo

problem with acute accent dead key in spanish keyboard

Post by jcfifo » 23 Nov 2011, 03:59

First of all, thank you very much for this software, it's wonderful to have to chance to work with more than one keyboard!

I'm not sure this can be called a bug, more like something not implemented yet :)

When HID macros is active the acute accent dead key in spanish keyboard stops working.

In normal use, striking acute accent and then <a> results in <á>, whereas acute accent followed by <e> results in <é>. But when HIDmacros is active striking acute accent results is two accents <``>, not waiting for the vowel to be pressed.

Nor can I create an action which sends a keyboard sequence with accented vowels like <á>

Is there any easy way to fix this behaviour by myself? Or have you any plan to work on this kind of issues of non-english keyboards?

I use a fresh copy of ver 2.2 on win XP SP3 with 1 ps2 and 1 usb keyboard

Thank you very much!

admin
Site Admin

Re: problem with acute accent dead key in spanish keyboard

Post by admin » 23 Nov 2011, 08:20

Actually the same happens with Czech dead chars. I have tested at Windows XP and Win 7.
At XP dead chars behaves correctly, at W7 I experienced the same problem you describe.
I already tried to have a look but unfortunately Winspector tool that I use to see how messages are processed doesn't work at Win7. And I didn't find similar tool.
So conclusion is: I know about this issue but takes some time to fix. But feel free to keep asking me to not forget :-)
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

jcfifo

Post by jcfifo » 08 Nov 2012, 11:33

Hi, it's a yearly reminder. :-)

I managed a solution with AutoHotkey but it's not totally functional and stable.

Thank you very much.

Lebenita

Post by Lebenita » 27 Apr 2013, 15:42

Here''s another reminder (notice how the apostrophe in ""here''s"", which is a dead key on my layout, got doubled on single press, just as the quotes?).

Anyway, thanks a bunch for HID macros, which seems to be a really unique piece of software. I would be quite happy if I got it to work with my layout.

Thanks and all the best
Lebenita

jcfifo

Post by jcfifo » 29 Nov 2013, 13:05

Hi, finally I found a stable solution in http://orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=30829 (the .zip at the end, requires registration in the forum) which is based on interception library http://oblita.com/interception.html. I use it combined with AutoHotkey.

I suggest the author to take a look on interception library sources, maybe he can find something interesting for HID macros.

Anyway, than you very much for HID macros, it has been very useful for me.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 02 Dec 2013, 09:08

Thanks, will have a look
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

cristiano_pruneri

Post by cristiano_pruneri » 26 Jan 2014, 16:56

I'm not sure if it is a possible, "fast" workaround, but on my system (an XP sp3) this problem has disappeared when I decided to switch to a en-US keyboard layout at start-up (I had to to convince some shortcuts to work in my drawing software).

It's true, it's a bit of a pain to have to change back to the spanish layout manually, on a per-application base, but may be useful for who does not like to fiddle with AHK.

haboots

Post by haboots » 05 Jun 2021, 05:44

I mean i dont know if its usefull to anyone but...
I made a little python script that kills hidmacros and starts it again after a few seconds.
Then i mapped it to a hidmacro macro into the accent key.

**PYHON CODE
import time
import subprocess
import os

os.system('TASKKILL /f /IM HidMacros.exe')
time.sleep(3)
subprocess.call("C:/Users/USER/Documents/HidMacros/HidMacros.exe")

It gets some getting used to it, because you hace to press is twice. Once for killing the program and another to put it on. But its maybe usefull

LeonardoPangaio

Post by LeonardoPangaio » 26 Aug 2021, 20:49

Hello everybody

First of all, I would like to thank the developer for the excellent work and product developed.

I'm just here to remind him to revisit this topic.

I'm a keyboard user pt-br abnt 2 and when I need to use the accent, I can't keep the application open.

Tomas_santosm

Post by Tomas_santosm » 25 Jul 2022, 17:06

Hello everyone,

I´m using the same keyboard, just reminding of this problem if anyone has an alternative solution, thanks!