Crashes Reality XP GNS Systems

Report application bugs here
Baobob

Crashes Reality XP GNS Systems

Post by Baobob » 12 Oct 2011, 03:38

Whenever I fly FSX with HIDMacros running, my Reality XP GNS units (GNS530 and GNS430) crash randomly. Sometimes it's after a minute of flight sometimes its after 30 minutes of flight. They stop working one at a time each with a popup message stating that either RXPG212.EXE or RXPG213.EXE has stopped working depending on which GNS it is (1 or 2). I have tried flying without using HIDMacros and everything works fine when HIDMacros is closed up to 8 hours of use with no crashes.

This got me thinking. I use Simconnect events anyway so if I could configure HIDMacros to connect remotely from my "flight bag" laptop along with my flight planner and charts (and Moving map for FSX... hint hint... wink wink... cough... ), We would be able to determine weather it's a Simconnect conflict issue or a windows resource conflict. I think that would also prove to be the solution for OtakuFargo and other people who need to connect to their sim remotely.

Incidentally Other than the crashing of my rather spendy GNS's the program is outstanding I too plan to use keyboard hacks for the majority of my cockpit... Lets face it the vast majority of things in the cockpit are momentary switch controlled anyway. The few Toggles and sliders I need can be taken care of on a single controller card.

Thanks for the great work... I look forward to your response.
Fly Well,
Bao

"Getting it up there is all well and good. Lets just get it back down in one piece shall we?"

admin
Site Admin

Re: Crashes Reality XP GNS Systems

Post by admin » 12 Oct 2011, 07:36

Hmm, hard to investigate if HidMacros is not the software crashing...

So the only thing I could do is check if (and how) HidMacros can use SimConnect at different computer. SimConnect itself should be able to do that, I just need to check its API used in HidMacros.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Baobob

Re: Crashes Reality XP GNS Systems

Post by Baobob » 04 Nov 2011, 21:48

Ok... So..

HIDMacros by itself was not crashing my GNS it seems... Neither was FSCopilot the two running at the same time however caused an issue. Since yours was the only recent change to my configuration I didn't even think to look anywhere else for the problem.. After giving fscopilot the boot ( all I was using it for was calling out rmi readings during landings anyway) I'm running HIDMacros without issue. Pressure tested it for a full week just to make sure.

Thanks
Bao
Fly Well,
Bao

"Getting it up there is all well and good. Lets just get it back down in one piece shall we?"