Quick question re numbers

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
johnbla

Quick question re numbers

Post by johnbla » 27 Feb 2018, 06:07

Hi
I am using HID with Prepar3D 4.1 and a separate keyboard. I am having trouble programming the number keys on my main keyboard, not the keys on my keypad but the numbers below all the F keys. When I press say the zero key and scan my 2nd keyboard with say an arrow key and save it, pressing the arrow key does nothing. However pressing the zero key on my main keyboard works OK. Specifically I want to use it with Voxatc, an ATC programme that comes up in an ingame window.

I hope I made myself clear. Thanks for any help.
John

admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick question re numbers

Post by admin » 27 Feb 2018, 09:25

Sorry, don't understand. You say you have problems with number keys but also say that zero works but arrow does not.
Also what's your macro action? "Works" should mean that original function (arrow or zero) is blocked and just macro action is executed.
And last thing: when playing with numbers also kayboard localization can have a role (english with numbers vs some national layout).
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

johnbla

Post by johnbla » 27 Feb 2018, 10:23

Peter
Sorry to be confusing. I will try to explain it better.

I have my main keyboard being keyboard A. I have a mini keyboard B. I am using HID on keyboard B. I type in new macro, give it a name and select keyboard sequence. I then press the zero key on keyboard A (not on the number pad but the keys above the letters) which registers in the Send keyboard sequence field in HID.

I then press scan and press a key on keyboard B which registers the device and event. However, this does not work when I am in Prepar3D. I have configured keyboard B with a number of other events, mainly letters with a combination of alt, shift and ctrl and these all work fine.

It seems that HID cannot register the number keys which are situated above the letter keys. I may have missed something.

I hope this explains things a bit clearer.

Thanks for hearing me out.
John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 28 Feb 2018, 09:45

Does such macro work in other program?
If you registered macro sending 0 on key press on mini keyboard, does this 0 arrive e.g. to notepad?
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

johnbla

Post by johnbla » 02 Mar 2018, 10:01

Peter
Just tried it on notepad and it does not work.

John

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 02 Mar 2018, 15:51

Hmm, no other idea.
Maybe instead of send sequence macro try to use script with SendKeys - see http://www.hidmacros.eu/scripting.php#keys
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author