Can I use an HIDMacros Script to run a HIDMacros Macro?

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
CardinalBags

Can I use an HIDMacros Script to run a HIDMacros Macro?

Post by CardinalBags » 29 Jan 2022, 22:32

This may be the most stupid question ever, but I have spent quite a few hours trying to find documentation and examples to get this working.

My application is to take a set of CH Pro Pedals and use the game axis values for the X and Y axis (left and right pedal brake press). Once they exceed a certain threshold, have the script run a macro built in HIDMacros to run an application. In this specific example, I will run vbs scripts that control events in OBS using the foot pedals from the flight sim.

I understand the part that in order to use the game axis values, it has to be via script.

I have written and tested the code in the script editor and can get the desired action out of the script, but for the life of me... I cannot seem to get how to get it to trigger the macros in HIDMacros.

Also, I cannot find a list of HIDMacro commands anywhere including in this forum for a list of all valid commands (i.e. HIDMacros.GetAxisEvent is there a command such as HIDMacros.RunMacro("MacroName")?

CardinalBags

Re: Can I use an HIDMacros Script to run a HIDMacros Macro?

Post by CardinalBags » 30 Jan 2022, 01:27

Well, we can ignore the request above.

As soon as I started thinking straight, I realized that I didn't need to fire any macros in HIDMacro and that I was in a VB Script window and should stop looking for a command list and start using VB commands and objects.

I just wrote script to trigger other VB Script programs by calling them in the windows shell to perform any actions I wanted from the foot pedals.

I now have my CH PRO PEDALS USB controlling OBS... Mission accomplished.