Launch at startup

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
Nosios

Launch at startup

Post by Nosios » 01 Jun 2019, 19:05

Hey , i have a problem : i don't know how to run Hid Macros at startup , i tried to create a task , to add it in startup folder , but nothing , thanks for your help !

admin
Site Admin

Re: Launch at startup

Post by admin » 03 Jun 2019, 08:08

Hidmacros is regular windows application, there should be nothing special.
Just make sure it's startup folder is the one when main exe is stored
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Nosios

Post by Nosios » 07 Jun 2019, 14:39

I said put it in the startup folder doesn't do anyhting , don't you have an alternative ?

romist

Post by romist » 13 Aug 2021, 16:27

Hi there! Could they solve the problem? I did everything necessary, it does not throw an error but it does not start with Windows either. I don't know what else to try ...

ross_CAL

Post by ross_CAL » 13 Oct 2021, 17:44

I just ran into this in Windows 10. When making your shortcut, make sure you put the 'end quotes' after the executable name and before the parameters.
e.g.

"D:\Program Files\luamacros\LuaMacros.exe" -r example.lua

Magnoc

Post by Magnoc » 24 Nov 2021, 17:31

romist wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 16:27
Hi there! Could they solve the problem? I did everything necessary, it does not throw an error but it does not start with Windows either. I don't know what else to try ...
If your program doesn't start at launch, you'll need to create an "elevated shortcut" for HIDMacros.exe. If you run your program manually, "run as administrator" works just fine. But when it comes to starting the program with launch, run as administrator is not enough. You need to disable UAC for this specific program. There is multiple methods to do that. I used a tool called "create an elevated shortcut". If you search it on Google as it is, you can easily find all the methods. And ofc, you'll need to drag the elevated shortcut that you created to the startup folder like usual. I hope it helps