How to get the repeat function of FSX

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
Emilio

How to get the repeat function of FSX

Post by Emilio » 14 Sep 2015, 17:30

Hi, I only recently discovered hidmacros so I am a total beginner and have actually two questions :oops: ...I tried searching here...but I have not found a solution :roll: :
1)I use fsx with Saitek Pro Flight Quadrant and in the settings of the simulator I set the reverse thrust (one engine only) in this way:
<Entry>
<Index>6</Index>
<Down>THROTTLE1_DECR</Down>
<DownRpt>2</DownRpt>
</Entry>
At the moment...I'm not interested in the partialization of the power of the revers...ON/OFF is quite ok...but...how can I emulate the function "repeat" ( <DownRpt>2</DownRpt>) of fsx? My aim is to be able to control more engines reverse (2/3/4) with the same input.
I tried both through "Send Simconnect Event" and "Scripted" options but the result is not satisfactory...reverse lever on engine 2 controlled by hidmacros passes violently from the idle position to the max rev. in a split of a second...while that controlled by the simulator (engine 1) get there gradually in 2 or 3 seconds.
2)How can I activate all the macros I created once hidmacros has connected to FSX? Every time I have to recompile the same scripts to ensure that the green light appears and then press the test button...to begin to see the effects on the simulator...sure I'm missing some steps! :)

Thank you in advance for your help

Emilio

admin
Site Admin

Re: How to get the repeat function of FSX

Post by admin » 15 Sep 2015, 08:05

Hi

ad 1) Not sure what repeat function you mean, something related to original Quadrant software? Anyway it seems to be question of SimConnect, you might find command (event) or variable that set reverse smoothly and not in quick step
ad 2) Macros should be compiled automatically after load if there's no error. You don't have to press Test button at all. Macro is triggered by key/joystick button
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Emilio

Post by Emilio » 15 Sep 2015, 12:35

Hello and thanks for the quick response! The "repeat" is a built-in fsx function...every time you assign a button from a device (like my Pro Flight) you can decide , via a slider to the right, whether to use the repeat function or not...I think what it does is repeat several times the same command even if you have pressed it only once and this was the function that i tried to replicate through Hidmacros without much success.
Concerning the second question I will try again maybe I'll have better luck :)...the previous times my macros are not automatically compiled after the load and the lights were red...only after manually compiled them and pressing the test button it finally worked! :roll:

Thank you.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 16 Sep 2015, 08:08

I see.
There's no such function in HidMacros. Maybe you have used event that sets full throttle and not just decrees. But anyway HidMacros would activate the macro just once.
Not sure if it's worth adding but if yes I would add this feature to LuaMacros which currently doesn't have SimConnect interface. And For X-plane I think there are other ways :-)
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Roma Tom

Post by Roma Tom » 22 Jun 2016, 09:57

m having difficulties with the fsx controls, mainly throttle up, and throttle down. Because I donèt have an actual throttle lever on my gamepad