Assigning shift&key and one more

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
Radim

Assigning shift&key and one more

Post by Radim » 10 May 2013, 22:26

Hello,
I have been using HID Macros in X-Plane for some time now. I want to ask two questions that I haven't found an answer for.

1) Can I assing a macro to a key modified by Shift,Ctrl, or Alt on secondary keyboards? (e.g. Keyb6 Alt+F1) I use three external keyboards and it would be handy to for example turn on Generator1 with F1 key on Keyb6 and turn it off with say Alt+F1 Key on Keyb6.

2) I read somewhere that there is an option to hit a key and then use a mouse wheel to change values. Typically I would press Keyb6 "a" and scroll either up to increase the value of ActvNav1Coarse or down to decrease the value of ActvNav1Coarse. Is that possible? How do I do it?

Thanks a lot.

Radim

admin
Site Admin

Re: Assigning shift&key and one more

Post by admin » 13 May 2013, 07:37

ad 1) no, not possible. By my opinion this is against idea of Hidmacros. The application should give you the possibility to connect multiple keyboard to control simulator by pressing single buttons - and not key combinations. So you can assign one key for on, second for off or use toggle function with one key. Toggle is usually available as XPL command or you can use script variable and send appropriate commands or set dataref
ad 2) yes, with some scripting. Pressing a key you set some global "mode" variable and on mouse wheel you have scripted macro - reading this mode variable and sending command for current mode
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Radim

Re: Assigning shift&key and one more

Post by Radim » 15 May 2013, 22:39

Thank you for the answers.

ad 1) Well I understand your point. I was just wondering if that is possible as I am already using 3 keyboards (4 including the regular system keyboard) and there is not much space on the table left. :) My idea was to change active nav1 with regular keys and passive nav1 with alt and the same keys. Never mind that.

ad 2) Well, I seem to understand the way of doing it but as I have very limited knowledge of programming, I guess no go for me there either. :-)

Anyway, thanks for help and for a great programm. Keep up the good work.