What am I missing?

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
jonny

What am I missing?

Post by jonny » 22 Aug 2012, 20:08

Have started HIDMacros.exe and done some looking and writing. But how do I run this hidmacro script? Do I need any script enginge? What extension should the script have? Compile or not compile script? I am used to Perl and php but not an expert. I think I am missing some opening topic or hint with this HIDMacros but I can't find out what! I would like to use it to my FS9 but most docs are fore FSX. How do I use HIDmacros for fs9?

I hope someone could give me some starting hints!

/Jonny

admin
Site Admin

Re: What am I missing?

Post by admin » 23 Aug 2012, 07:34

Yes, you need scripting engine. Google for "active scripting". But in windows you already have engine for VB script and J script.
There's no file extension, script source (code) is entered directly into hidmacros application.
To interface FS9 you must use keyboard sequences (have FS9 window active and send sequences for FS9 commands) or FSUIPC interface. For FSUIPC download SDK, check offsets tables, check examples for hidamcros at http://hidmacros.eu/scripting.php#fsuipc and post questions here if you have more.
Hope it helps
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

jonny

Post by jonny » 23 Aug 2012, 08:31

Still a bit confused.
Keystroke sending as in http://hidmacros.eu/scripting.php#keys how do I run this in HIDMacros?

/Jonny

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 24 Aug 2012, 07:22

The link refers to scripting page. It's good when you need quite complex thing to be handled by macro, so you use script and inside this script you can send keystrokes.
But if you need just send some key sequence by macro, you don't need to use script.
Define macro, and use Action - Predefined - send keyboard sequence. Do not switch to script tab.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

jonny

Post by jonny » 24 Aug 2012, 09:47

admin wrote: There's no file extension, script source (code) is entered directly into hidmacros application.
Hi again and thank's for answers!

Sorriy if I don't have explain my questions better.
But I still don't know how to run the macro or script I have created in HIDmacros.exe editor? Or does it run from inside the macroeditor? And when I start FS9, when and how should I start the macro?
You see its some basic knowledge I am asking for.

/Jonny

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 27 Aug 2012, 07:41

The macro is activated by keypress on keyboard or by button on game device (joystick).
You can assign the trigger using scan button.
Below macro editor there's test button to run scripted macro manually.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

jonny

Post by jonny » 27 Jan 2013, 16:24

Now I know what I was missing. The answer I had needed was:

Hidmacros.exe is both a script engine and an executing program. When you create a macro and assigned the macro to a key, you can already use the key to execute the macro. To use all macro in FSX HIDMacro.exe should run together with FSX. To start HIDMacro.exe together with FSX use EXE.xml as in documentaion page at HID macros webbsite. All macros and other codes are stored in hidmacros.xml which is created and saved when you stop HIDMacros.exe

Now I have HIDMacros.exe running together with FSUIPC and LUA script as well.

All works exelent, thanks for a great program.
Jonny