Problem writing sequnces with PMDG 737

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
riccardo74

Problem writing sequnces with PMDG 737

Post by riccardo74 » 30 Dec 2011, 00:37

Hi, I try to add simple sequence in HIDmacros for my 737 PMDG but without luck.

Example:

1) In PMDG 737 landing lights are operated by pressing CTRL+L

2) so in HIDmacros I set ^L with the trigger L

this sequence doesn't work!

if I simply change in PMDG the command CTRL+L with only L and in HIDmacros set L as sequence it works perfectly.

where I'm wrong?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem writing sequnces with PMDG 737

Post by admin » 30 Dec 2011, 07:51

I would first try to check whether it is PMDG addon problem or Hidmacros problem.
Try to assign Ctrl+L to some standard action in FS or even forget FS and test it in some application where you have this combination used for some action.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 » 30 Dec 2011, 14:31

Hi Petr, and first of all thank you for reply.

It's a very strange behaviour, but I think depends from PMDG, infact if I write CTRL+L sequence '^l' in Maule Orion (default FSX aircraft) it works perfectly.

Seems like HIDMacros doesn't send (or PMDG doesn't recognize) CTRL, SHIFT or ALT operator to 737 PMDG NGX, but only the single letter, e.g.:

If I set in PMDG: LANDING LIGHT with CTRL+L and the sequence (^l) in HIDMacros it doesn't work, but if I set in PMDG: LANDING LIGHT with only L and set in HID Macros the sequence l it works great, why?

If I push CTRL+L (in my default system keyboard) the sequence is accepted without problem.

I use either EZCA (and CTRL+L set my panel view to overhead panel on the lights) but I think it can't make any conflict. Infact even changing key combination (suppose set CTRL+N for landing lights, so no conflict with EZCA) things don't change.

Any help?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 02 Jan 2012, 08:27

The probably PMDG reads the modifiers (alt, shift, ctrl) directly using low level keyboard API and don't read windows messages that Hidmacros sends.
So it's the same issue that other games have and there's nothing I can do with it.
The only solution would be to write completely new keyboard driver that would add virtual "Hidmacros" keyboard into windows and this keyboard would be controlled by macros.
But writing such driver is unfortunately out of my knowledge :-(
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 » 02 Jan 2012, 15:30

Thank you very much Petr, it's very kind of you.

And writing FSUIPC macro and recall that specific macro from HIDMacros in your opinion is it possible?

Or use LINDA-->FSUIPC-->HIDMacros, I don't know if it works, but would be a possible solution for you?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 03 Jan 2012, 08:00

As I wrote in different post - unfortunately I have experience neither with FSUIPC macros nor with LINDA
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 » 05 Jan 2012, 08:53

Hi Petr I try with VAC - Voice Activated Command, a program that send keystroke via voice command, for example:

when you say "Landing lights on" it sends CTRL+L and it works great!

So why HIDMacros can't do the same but pressing a keystroke on the 2nd keyboard? Very very strange, I think the command sent is the same, maybe is different the way?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 06 Jan 2012, 08:02

No idea.
If you say it works with default aircraft but not with PMDG's 737 I would probably have to test it directly with this aircraft. But I don't have the addon so hard to say.
There might be different ways how to send keyboard sequence. But to investigate where the difference is I would need to see some example - different that payware addon. Any chance you find some free application that can receive shortcut combinations from VAC but not from HIDMacros?
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 » 06 Jan 2012, 22:44

No, HIDMacros works fine with all default FSX and payware aircraft (I own Turbine Duke by Realair) except PMDG 737 NGX. And either with all windows application.
The only problem is 737 NGX, I don't know why.

riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 » 23 Nov 2012, 11:37

Hi Petr, any news on this side? Have you tried out with NGX or fixed this issue?

Many thanks,
Riccardo