Problem writing sequnces with PMDG 737

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem writing sequnces with PMDG 737

Post by admin » 26 Nov 2012, 18:23

Hi Riccardo

I'll be honest: don't expect my activity in this issue until there's many other users suffering with the same issue.
If my understanding is correct I would have to either:
- buy payware aircraft to FSX which I'm not interested in just to analyze why it doesn't accept "faked" keystrokes from HIDmacros
- or somehow reverse engineer different software to find out why it can send such keystrokes and HIDmacros can't
Considering time I can invest to HIDmacros development I don't see realistic none of those options, I'm sorry.
As I said - probably only strong interest of many people can convince me.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

riccardo74

Post by riccardo74 » 26 Nov 2012, 20:57

Ok Petr, I understand perfectly your mind, don't worry and many thanks the same.

Bye,
Riccardo

ryhoo2

Post by ryhoo2 » 27 Feb 2013, 13:23

Look at the 737NGX_Shortcuts.ini file, you have all the keys defined there that are "stolen" by PMDG and you cannot use them as triggers, unless you remove those allocations from this file and handle them with HIDMacros. Great tool by the way!

The keys definition looks like this:
PMDG_action = 4 numbers comma seperated - first is the key number (matches the one from HIDMacros), and the other 3 are function keys like ctrl, shift alt, but I don't know the order.

For ex. to unlock the "L" key look for it in the file:

Code: Select all

76, 0, 0, 0
and replace it by

Code: Select all

0, 0, 0, 0