Keystrokes allowed to pass through

How can be this controlled in that simulator? Can HIDmacros be used with this application?
Sethb157

Keystrokes allowed to pass through

Post by Sethb157 » 26 Jul 2015, 02:05

Hey there,

Relatively new to using HID Macros, but I'm struggling to make it work. I understand that it is designed with X-Plane in mind, but I'm trying to extend its use for other applications. I have a standard secondary keypad and am trying to use it to mute skype (through a macro), but it's not working. Furthermore, if I'm focused on google chrome, the numbers '0' or '1' are allowed to pass through even though I've tried to reroute them. Anyone have a comment on this?

Any help would be appreciated,

Your friendly HID Macros noob

AnnaV

Re: Keystrokes allowed to pass through

Post by AnnaV » 17 Jan 2019, 20:45

I'm hopping on to this, because this is exactly why I found/have interest in LuaMacros in the first place. I want to use a secondary USB keypad as a separate input (and I can already do that, even the enter key.) But if it allows the "real" keys to pass through, it's of no use, I could just use the normal numpad then. I need *separate* set of keys, that do not trigger the original functions.

My keypad's still in mail, so I can't test this right now, but I'm just marking this thread in case I run into this problem and you have found a solution.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Keystrokes allowed to pass through

Post by admin » 18 Jan 2019, 09:25

I need to pin this statement somewhere as I wrote it many times already here :-).

Luamacors (and Hidmacros) use kind of hack to block original key as Windows OS is not designed to separate different keyboards. This hack works in 90% situations but some (other) application are written in way that they will always receive the original key.
Also some users report that key blocking doesn't work for them in "standard" applications where it works for me. So there are probably other settings in Windows OS that can influence luamacros/hidmacros.

So if it works for you and you're happy with it - I'm glad I wrote piece of software that someone else is using. If you have problems and need to rely on perfect functionality - don't use Luamacros/Hidmacros.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author