differentiate between the keys on the numpad and the editing

What features you would like to have in HIDmacros?
luteijn

differentiate between the keys on the numpad and the editing

Post by luteijn » 01 Nov 2011, 08:33

If I press 'Home' or 'NumpadHome', HIDMacros registers both as event 36, but I would like to be able to assign different macros to these keys.
AutoHotkey distinguishes between 'Home' and 'NumpadHome' etc. so it might be possible to do so for HIDMacros too? Perhaps for some people the current behavior is a feature, so some sort of tickbox to choose between either would be nice, although differntiating between the keys is of course more general.

Pieter

admin
Site Admin

Re: differentiate between the keys on the numpad and the edi

Post by admin » 01 Nov 2011, 09:16

I peronally have NumLock turned on at my keyboards and then I have number (7) at Numpad Home key. And HidMacros can recognize number at "regular" part of keyboard and at Numpad part. So it could be quick solution for you.
I could probably also add code to recognize all the keys when numlock is turned off. But considering my free time... that would be long term solution :)
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

luteijn

Re: differentiate between the keys on the numpad and the edi

Post by luteijn » 01 Nov 2011, 11:23

Yes, this is workable. It will take some time to get used to the numlock being on, but I guess I could use macros to 'fix' the numpad key so they send the unlocked values when pressed on the main keyboard if I can't get used to numlock being normally on.

Pieter.