Remote Desktop / Terminal Services

Report application bugs here
OtakuFargo

Remote Desktop / Terminal Services

Post by OtakuFargo » 14 Jun 2011, 02:55

When I am connected to a remote server with Remote Desktop, the macros I've defined don't seem to run. The default keyboard input just goes straight through. Is there any way to get the macros to trigger when I'm connected to a remote server?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Desktop / Terminal Services

Post by admin » 14 Jun 2011, 07:30

Hmm, there's probably some special way how to simulate keystrokes to remote desktop session.
To be honest: I don't plan to investigate further this issue unless there's strong need and more people ask for this feature.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

anthonyHM

Post by anthonyHM » 25 Mar 2016, 21:57

I can really REALLY use this feature. Using the product daily and having rdp sessions, which I have to switch back and forth.
Any plans for this? Is there some way to get it in? I am willing to chip in (donation or something). I had even thought about spending time rewiring a programmable keyboard (that I know works with rdp) inorder to have this functionality.

Regards,
And thanks for a GREAT product. With this and xmouse I am MUCH more efficient.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 27 Mar 2016, 20:29

Don't think it's even possible, sorry.
HidMacros hacks local windows message queue - removing key press (and release) event if there's macro defined and putting additional keystrokes in it.
But it's local queue, don't think it can be done on remote machine. Programmable keyboard is different story, the code is in keyboard driver.
Maybe I would have to study rdp client code to find out if I can inject some code between local messages and virtual keyboard at remote host.
But it's not question of donation.. I usually develop things that I can use or that are interesting..
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

OtakuFargo

Post by OtakuFargo » 29 Mar 2016, 13:56

One trick that I use is to use a Nostromo Razer game pad. I map the buttons to "Joystick" input which can be intercepted by AutoHotkey on my local machine. Apparently Microsoft doesn't redirect joystick commands through RDP. I use it to show/hide and pause/play Spotify and a few other things. If I really wanted to make something happen on the remote machine AND latency wasn't crucial AND I could use redirected drives AND I could run AutoHotkey on the other machine, I'd write command files on my local machine that the remote machine was scanning for and act accordingly.
If you aren't already an AutoHotkey buff, check it out. It might provide a reasonable solution to what you aim to do.