No macros running, but keyboard behaves strange

Report application bugs here
Stefan4000

No macros running, but keyboard behaves strange

Post by Stefan4000 » 04 Oct 2018, 15:08

Hello,

This is my first post.
I plugged in a Numpad and changed all the Key via "HID Macros". (Editing Shortcuts in Davinci Resolve)
Works great. But when I use my normal keyboard ... and I press the key "´". I got "´´" instead.

It is like pressing the letter "a" but "aa" appears. Or "1" and "11" appears.
But it is only this "´" key. If I close the program I got no problem at all. Then it is just one letter. "´" .
But if I start the program it is "´´".

I deleted all the macros in the program. And the bug is still there.
The I was a program and reset all the HID interfaces. All USB Devices...
and I have to reset my PC. And if I start the "HID Macros" Program again
the problem is still there. Still "´´". Instead of "´".

Any Idea how to fix this?

admin
Site Admin

Re: No macros running, but keyboard behaves strange

Post by admin » 05 Oct 2018, 08:40

Is it "dead" key or regular one? There are issues with dead keys as they send special windows message.
Please try with luamacros. Or in other words: do not expect any fix in hidmacros.
If I have clear reproducible case in luamacros there's a chance it can be fixed.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Stefan4000

Post by Stefan4000 » 05 Oct 2018, 12:24

It is a dead key! For typing such things like "Moiré". But when I have HidMacros running and try to type "Moiré" it ends up like this: "Moir´´e".
I wonder if I fucked up my "PC registry" or wherever keys are stored. But when I don´t have HidMakros running everything is fine.
Maybe I try to reinstall it.

I will try out LuaMacros.... but at a first look it seems that I have to learn "lua" as language and
find the keys at my own. Will take some time to set it up. And I also wanted to minimize to tray.
But maybe there are tools for that, too.

One last thing:
When I open "HIDMacros" and click on devices. I got 10 "black devices" and 4 devices at the bottom which are "grey"
But all the "Macros" are at 0. There are no Macros running at all. But I was wondering why I got 4 grey devices. I wonder
If I hat greyed out devices when I started the program.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 08 Oct 2018, 06:51

Those gray devices were already configured in HidMacros (plugged to computer when hidmacros was running) but are not connected any more. They are displayed for the case you had some macros configured for them to have possibility to transfer those macros to some connected devices. You can remove them in configuration xml file if you want.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

ferish

Post by ferish » 08 Jun 2020, 16:52

Stefan4000,
I have the same problem with the "´" key to write things like nación but I was unable to find my way around LuaMacros.
Did you have any luck with it?