Macro from Keypad Takes Action Twice

Report application bugs here
level6

Macro from Keypad Takes Action Twice

Post by level6 » 16 Feb 2016, 03:53

Hello. Nice software!

I am on Win7pro 64-bit, trying to set up some basic shortcuts on a USB Gear Head KP2200U 19-key numeric keypad. I have tried to just make the "left arrow" key bring up calculator. It does. But, it brings up two, every time. When I test the key press, I see two codes - one for when the key is pressed, then one for when it is released. When that key is pressed, it shows 37 (), and when it is released it shows 144 (). Would that have something to do with the problem? Or, am I just in total noob mode and misunderstanding something about the configuration, here?

One calculator comes up when i press the key. I can hold it forever, and just one calc is up. The second comes up as soon as I depress. The Trigger: blank shows only 144 (). It does not show the 37 ().

Raymond.

level6

Re: Macro from Keypad Takes Action Twice

Post by level6 » 16 Feb 2016, 03:55

Interestingly, when I use the number "4" in Num Lock mode, it acts as expected. The same key in non-numlock mode is the issue. Unfortunately, if I use "4" in numlock mode to call the macro, then I cannot use this keypad for the calculator... because, well, the "4" key would keep bringing up calculators. hehheh.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Macro from Keypad Takes Action Twice

Post by admin » 16 Feb 2016, 08:39

No special idea from my side.
The strange thing is you have different code for press and release.
Actually I never played with keys switching numlock on and off. I have one keyboard dedicated to macros and don't use numlock.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author