HIDmacros and Freefalcon / Fanlcon4BMS

Report application bugs here
groberto

HIDmacros and Freefalcon / Fanlcon4BMS

Post by groberto » 20 Nov 2011, 10:39

First of all thank you for great piece of software, it is really well done.

My plan is to built an integratet control panel (ICP) for the F-16 ( this guy here: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/21 ... 16bs8.jpg/) and make it working with Freefalcon 5 and Falcon4 BMS using the electronics of a spareUSB keyboard.

All the ICP commands are ctrl+something or shift+something, for istance: in the game keypad8 is "look up" ctrl+keypad8 is a specific ICP command.

I want to press keypad8 on the main keyboard and have the original function, more overi want to press keypad8 on the ICP (second keyboard) and the game has to see ctrl+keypad8.

The problem is that i tryed, i also used nircmd.exe to send key combinations, but it is not working.

It seems that inside the game, the hidmacros is disbled, and the game sees keypad8, not ctrl+keypad8....

Can someone help?

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Re: HIDmacros and Freefalcon / Fanlcon4BMS

Post by admin » 21 Nov 2011, 08:27

I suggest you first check the macro is defined correctly. Test with some other aplication which allows to define keyboard shortucts. Assign some action to Ctrl+keypad8 and test if it can be activated using HidMacros.
If it works in this application but not in the game then you can not use HidMacros as you want. Some games read keyboard directly at low level and those don't listen to key sequence sent by HDM.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

groberto

Post by groberto » 21 Nov 2011, 10:06

Thank you for the answr. I am afraid that you are right, it is likely that falcon read the keyboard at a lower level.

I have 3 displays, and i have tested the game on a display and HIDmacros and "TARGET event inspector" on another display.

(TARGET is the software used by thrustmaster, it has this sort of inspector, it shows all the comman issued by keyboards and joysticks)

While i am outside the game HIDmacros and TARGET act correctly and i see the programmed macro coccetly shown in TARGET.

When i am inside the game preliminary pages it is the same, when i enter the 3D simulation in the cockpit, TARGET no more sees the macro, it sees only the original key...

I have used also glovepie (i think u know it) it works even inside the 3D simulation, but it sends both the original command and the programmed macro....

By the way, thank you again...

cvivenzo

Post by cvivenzo » 12 Sep 2012, 02:29

Hi all
there is a way to prevent low level keyboard reading in falcon bms?