HidMacros question

Announcements, general discussion
pengwinzz

HidMacros question

Post by pengwinzz » 17 Jul 2011, 11:23

Hello all, I have two questions about HidMacros, hopefully they haven't been asked before

Is there a reason why HidMacros doesn't recognise the difference between the left and right centric keyboard buttons? for instance if I look in the log of EventGhost with the keyboard plugin loaded I can see the following outputted when either the left or right Ctrl buttons are pressed:

Keyboard.LCtrl
Keyboard.RCtrl

but in HidMacros I see that both the left and right buttons share the same event code/number

The other question I wanted to ask was does HidMacors support more than 2 keyboards? for some reason I think I read somewhere that that was a limitation but now I can't find it, and I'm not sure where that idea came from

Thanks

and thanks for sharing HidMacros :)

admin
Site Admin

Re: HidMacros question

Post by admin » 17 Jul 2011, 18:23

ad 1) no, there's no specific reason. I simply don't read the flag indicating left or right version of shift key. So it's just not implemented, but should be possible to add
ad 2) no, there's no limitation to 2 keyboards/devices. I personally use HIDmacros with 3 keyboards and 2 joysticks
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

pengwinzz

Post by pengwinzz » 23 Jul 2011, 13:15

Thanks for the reply :)

Baobob

Post by Baobob » 21 Nov 2011, 15:39

So is this something that you will add in the the future then?

Bao
Fly Well,
Bao

"Getting it up there is all well and good. Lets just get it back down in one piece shall we?"