Possible bug, not sure

Announcements, general discussion
siwik

Possible bug, not sure

Post by siwik » 26 Apr 2011, 07:13

Hi,
I wonder if you can help with the following problem.
I am trying to make a macro to activate in FSX.
The macro im trying to use is to convert Ctrl I and have used the following key event to achieve this
^I
However when i press the assigned key on my second keyboard it seems to send the following
^+I a Ctrl Shift I and it causes FSX to invert pitch axis.
Seems to add the Shift character, am i doing something wrong or is it a bug.
Any help would be much appreciated and i really find the the utillity very handy.
Thanks
Les

admin
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug, not sure

Post by admin » 26 Apr 2011, 07:53

Did you try to use macro definition ^i (lowercase)? Now I'm not sure if it makes any difference.
BTW when using FSX I recommend to use SimConnect events or variables, then you can control FSX even if it doesn't have focus.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

siwik

Post by siwik » 26 Apr 2011, 10:29

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.Yes using lowercase fixed it.
Im not sure wheather i can use simconnect or variables(not sure quite what you mean) as i am wanting to
operate popup windows in Concorde x by Fslabs. Ctrl I was for setting Auto InS.
I have to have FSX in focus to use xtra keyboard. Can u simply explain how i can use your utillity
with out it in focus. A wee example using Ctrl i option would be appreciated.
By the way i will be donating, this utillity is brilliant.
Thanks again
Les

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 26 Apr 2011, 14:09

With FSX you can use SimConnect interface which is in fact API that Microsoft provides for 3rd party tools to control simulator.
It can either invoke comment (events in SimConnect language) or read/write internal variables. Available commands are listed in SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526980.aspx.
This works pretty well for default airplanes. For 3rd party addons it depends if airplane's systems are "connected" to those SimConnect events. For example master battery switch works almost everywhere, on the other hand some FMC/GPS or even advanced autopilot systems usually can not be controlled by SimConnect. In that case you can just use keystrokes - as you do with Concorde X.
I don't have this plane so I can not tell you if you can controll popus or not.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

siwik

Post by siwik » 26 Apr 2011, 21:48

Thanks Petr,
One last question, you list your fs keyboard file for download. It comes down as a .txt file.
Where does it go and what extension should it have. I had it work once but now its not recognised.
Thaks
Les

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 27 Apr 2011, 20:37

Sorry, the link was probably quite old.
Now I uploaded xml configuration file used in HIDMacros video to http://www.hidmacros.eu/hidmacros.xml.

BTW did I mention somewhere I shoot some videos and published them at special page http://www.hidmacros.eu/videos.php ? :-)
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

siwik

Post by siwik » 28 Apr 2011, 03:39

H Petr,
Thanks,
I worked out you rename it with a .ini extension and make sure there is no other .xml file in the directory and then it intergrates it into Hidmacros.
Best regards
Les.
P.S
Tried the above xml file but it causes the graphical i/f not to appear so one cant exit the program unless you go to Task manger to close.
Had a look at the xml and it appears you have it minimised and it doesnt appear. Would it not be better to have it minimised to tray.