The physical key presses are blocked, on most of the games?

Announcements, general discussion
I3ordo

The physical key presses are blocked, on most of the games?

Post by I3ordo » 01 Oct 2018, 11:37

On "Mad max", the game catched my wasd-1234 keys on the second keyboard but still send the commands like "ctrl+F24" to OBS.
On overwatch, chrome," note pad "and probably loads of other apps/titles, the key blocking works.

But on "Mad Max", even though it is not significant game, they are not blocked.

Is there something i am missing here? I ask because, there is another program/utility, which uses Francisco Lopes' and Steve Haigh's (it sounds like Steve Vai so i am not sure it s his real name, maybe he is a fan) "interception" and when i remapped all keys to "insert" even "Mad Max" did't catch the physical presses, just the insert button.

You might ask, why are you trying to use "Lua macros" still?
My answer to that is the F13-24 keys which are very safe keys to assign as there is very very little chance for a game to use them , say for internal testing tools.

Multi-Keyboard-remapper, which i mentioned before done by the two people mentioned above, don't have the F13-24 keys and in my first try, i realised that it did not send keys globally, OBS software was not catching the simulated keys... I made another test, after failing with LUA macros, and i saw that it does. so it is abit finicky.

Ayways back to my question, is it normal that LUA MAcro's "key blocking" feature ineffective against some games?

I3ordo

Re: The physical key presses are blocked, on most of the games?

Post by I3ordo » 01 Oct 2018, 12:45

Is there anything i need to check because i would really like this tool to hide keys from the games...

The other tool i mentioned, the dev says he is done with it. That tool was perfectly capable of blocking keys but in its current state it s broken maybe because of win10 updates. It can not globally send Ctrl, alt, shift combinations... that makes it only useful for sending keys to the active window but not useful for anything else...

anyways, i read through this forum that it is a known fact that some games still capture the key presses... well... i should better hook up a spearate gaming pc to the stream machine i guess...

luiwingkin

Post by luiwingkin » 01 Oct 2018, 23:59

I can not represent the comment and standpoint of admin but my personal opinion.
Actually, no interceptor is perfect because any program (including games) can specify the IME (input method).
For example, both hidmacros and luamacros fail if the program switches to the Chinese input method in my machine.
Therefore, you may check them case-by-case, while it is no guarantee for it.
Cheer!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 02 Oct 2018, 08:16

As written at many places in this forum: blocking "original" keys is kind of hack - works only if target application is using most common way in windows. Some games are reading keyboard "directly" and then there's no way how luamacros can block the key.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author