Multiple keystrokes as a trigger?

Announcements, general discussion
hlantz

Multiple keystrokes as a trigger?

Post by hlantz » 21 Mar 2015, 15:36

Hi,

HIDmacros looks like it's exactly what I've been looking for. I have an IPv6 Buddy keypad, which is really cool (ipv6buddy.com - excellent for when you need to type a lot of IPv6 addresses!), but sadly it loses a lot of its efficiency when you don't use a US keyboard layout as standard. I believe that HIDmacros could be able to help me with this, though; better than any other application I've seen so far. I do have one issue though, that I wonder if you can help me work out - there are two buttons - ":" (colon) and "::" (double colon) that I can't seem to map properly using the trigger scanner - I believe that the IPv6 Buddy actually sends these keys as "16+192" and "16+192 16+192" respectively. Can I have HIDmacros trigger on this "multiple-scancode combination" rather than just the "16" (shift)? Can this be done by a script somehow, perhaps?

Thank you for an ingenious piece of software!

sayalaper

Re: Multiple keystrokes as a trigger?

Post by sayalaper » 23 Mar 2015, 06:51

you can use jitbit macro recorder to doing combination input for macro,

hlantz

Post by hlantz » 23 Mar 2015, 09:14

sayalaper wrote:you can use jitbit macro recorder to doing combination input for macro,
Thanks - I've looked at jitbit, and it gets me half way there. The issue in more detail is that the keypad I have have two keys - : and :: - that cause a problem for me.

The regular colon key sends KeyDown ShiftLeft - KeyDown KeyCode 192 - KeyUp KeyCode 192 - KeyUp ShiftLeft.
The double colon key sends KeyDown ShiftLeft - KeyDown KeyCode 192 - KeyUp KeyCode 192 - KeyDown KeyCode 192 - KeyUp KeyCode 192 - KeyUp ShiftLeft.

Using jitbit, I've been able to trap KeyDown ShiftLeft as the trigger to print the : character, and I've taken the KeyDown KeyCode 192 to send to buffer, which gets ONE of the two buttons working. But is there a way I can get HIDmacros to *trigger* on a whole sequence as above?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 24 Mar 2015, 13:01

AFAIR I already answered similar request so my answer should be somewhere here :-)
Anyway HIDmacros wok exactly in the other way. It scans single button, use it as a trigger and sends key sequence as a result.
What you ask for is some general key remapper maybe with HIDmacros feature to recognize keyboards.
But I don't plan to extend Hidmacros in this way.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

hlantz

Post by hlantz » 24 Mar 2015, 18:01

Hi Petr - thanks for your response. I will try and see if I can live without the double-colon (two single-colons net the correct effect, so...)
Thanks for a helpful piece of software!

david

Post by david » 11 Jul 2015, 20:15

I have the same desire - the only difference is that the number pad I'm using has a "0" key and a "00" key, both of which are placed at the bottom of the keypad, and thus, ideally, should be assigned the most commonly used functions.

I appreciate that you've built this fantastically useful piece of software, and also that you're done working on it. So thank you.

That said, I wonder if it be possible for me (knowing next to nothing about javascript, vbscript, or code in general) to create a script that would recognize when the 00 key has been pressed by looking for a 0+0 keystroke that occurs within a certain time frame?

I guess I'm imagining something like this:

- monitor numpad for "0" keystrokes
- if 0+0 occurs within (say) 5ms then send (desired keystroke/keystrokes) to computer

Any guidance? I can certainly make do, if this isn't possible, but figured I might as well ask!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 20 Jul 2015, 07:51

Writing such script should be possible but you need to have some scripting knowledge, to extract system time and store it to some global variable.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author