clarification, & can i distribute?

Announcements, general discussion
caomengde777

clarification, & can i distribute?

Post by caomengde777 » 31 Jul 2014, 21:23

so this program, you have 2 keyboards, 2 mice (or more)
and it gets different inputs from them?

i have only Just found this program, so im unsure what its capable of, but i got all excited lol...

im looking to make a game in Unity3d that features splitscreen "couch coop" mode, for PC

i want to be able to plug in a keyboard and mouse each for at least 2 players, hopefully 4?
i could just make it work with xbox controllers, but mouse is nicer, and also i want to let people have as much ability as possible.

also.. this is "freeware" ?

could i distribute this program with my game?? ... my only intention is to give the players the best experience possible,
if i were to make a significant profit, i would gladly donate, ive been prudent about making sure i get permissions and credits for anything i use for my projects.

i guess im just a "hobbyist",
its just me, and a buddy helps just a little, i intend to sell the game.. how well it will do: ???
i dont really have any money for marketing.. im trying not to spend Any money to create my game(s) .. i have no budget.

... i hate nowadays where you HAVE TO buy 2 different copies of a game, and they are taking away splitscreen, its really lame...
also, i cant even think of a PC game that has splitscreen... its really easy to implement (at least in Unity3d) too!

the only obstacle is that when you use 2 keyboards/ mice, they both give identical inputs... unfortunate :(

thanks much!

admin
Site Admin

Re: clarification, & can i distribute?

Post by admin » 01 Aug 2014, 07:32

Yes, it's freeware.
You can distribute it keeping the download archive without changes (can be extracted, but with all files).
If you are about to implement the game, it would be better to read input messages directly in game, not through HidMacros...
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author