Cannot get luamacro to install x-plane 11

Documentation. First post is always kind of manual page, being continuously updated by author. Following posts are discussion about the topic.
k2Aviator

Cannot get luamacro to install x-plane 11

Post by k2Aviator » 06 Apr 2020, 19:08

Hi,

I'm unable to get the luamacro to install as a plugin in X-Plane 11. I have created a directory named luamacros/64 within Resources/plugin directory. The 64 directory contains the win.xpl. I have been able to get DataRefEditor an XPUIPC plugins to load properly.

Has anyone else had similar challenges that was fixed?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Cannot get luamacro to install x-plane 11

Post by admin » 07 Apr 2020, 07:47

Did you check xplane log if plugin was loaded?
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

k2Aviator

Post by k2Aviator » 07 Apr 2020, 10:05

Thank you for responding. I did review the log and I found that lumacros/64/win.xpl is in fact loading. I am unable to get the script executed in X-Plane. Given that, here are some addl questions:

1. Should I see lumacros as an entry in the Plugins menu drop down? There is no dropdown entry for luamacros.
2. In which folder, or sub-folder, should I be placing my script so that X-Plane loads it?

I've attached for your review snap shots of the Log.Txt file, the Plugins folder, and the luamacros folder.
Thank you.
Attachments
Plugins_Folder.jpg
Plugins_Folder.jpg (120.75 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
luamacros_Folder.jpg
luamacros_Folder.jpg (28.74 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Log_Txt_Plugins.jpg
Log_Txt_Plugins.jpg (103.09 KiB) Viewed 3231 times

k2Aviator

Post by k2Aviator » 07 Apr 2020, 19:05

Hi,

Ok. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I ran across another post ( [X-Plane 11.32r2] No commands received by X-Plane ) where I discovered that luamacros.exe also needs to be executing the lua script at the same time X-Plane is running. It's not enough that the luamacros plugin is loaded. I don't think I ran across anything in documentation or forum topics where that is explicitly stated - maybe most folks believe that it is already implied.

Once I started the luamacros.exe w/ my lua script while also running X-Plane, voila! My script worked - I successfully was able to introduce a macros specific 2nd keyboard.

Thanks for reading this and thanks for creating/supporting this forum.