Window position is not remembered

Report any bugs or suspicious behaviour here
Xupicor

Window position is not remembered

Post by Xupicor » 28 Jun 2015, 22:45

It's a small thing, since the GUI isn't by far the least important part of the program here, and LuaMacros could very well get away with being a command line only utility. ;) But it would be nice if the application remembered its last position on screen, and use it when it is launched... For me - on a dual monitor system - it always starts up with the window left-top corner at around 1785x265 - as I run 1080p it means it's split between monitors with a small part of the window on my left monitor, and the rest on the right. So I have to adjust the position every time the app is ran. ;) Again, a small thing, but just a little bit annoying.

It would be nice if the app would actually run without GUI when run with -r parameter, and just log to stdout instead. Or if you're afraid that it might scare some people off - then make the -r parameter minimize it to tray, and trigger window restore on Lua error?

I'd try to help myself, but I haven't touched Pascal/Delphi since forever...

admin
Site Admin

Re: Window position is not remembered

Post by admin » 29 Jun 2015, 07:39

You can use command lmc_minimize() to minimize LuaMacros window (useful with -r parameter) and you can also set

Code: Select all

lmc.minimizeToTray = true
first to have tray icon only.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

Xupicor

Post by Xupicor » 29 Jun 2015, 16:47

Well... Seems like I have to look through the sources more. I had no idea these functions exist. Thank you. :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 30 Jun 2015, 08:10

Hmm, some areas are still not documented, I know, sorry :-)
Instead of going through sources I recommend to check my test script. AFAIR everything which is implemented is covered in this script, because I use it for my own testing.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author