help remapping my keypad

Announcements, questions
zezor

help remapping my keypad

Post by zezor » 23 Sep 2017, 17:21

Hello, everyone. as written in the title i need help remapping my keypad as i know nothing about programming (I've tried but couldn't understand how to start).
my problem:
i bought a numerical keypad https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... L1100_.jpg and i want to remap it to use it as a small keyboard that has the modifiers (shift, ctrl and alt), space par and some normal characters keys (instead of the numbers and / *) however, i found luamacros can't simulate the modifiers normally (hold and release become press to hold press to release).

To solve this problem i used keytweak to change some of the keypad keys to those modifiers (decimal to right shift , numenter to right ctrl and numplus to right alt)

i need help to make a script that start with windows to change the right modifiers of the main keyboard to decimal, enter and plus
at the same time change the keypad numbers to normal character 3-z, 2-a, 1-q, 6-x, 5-s, 4-w, 9-c, 8-d, 7-e and - to space.

if anyone know how to do this please help me.

admin
Site Admin

Re: help remapping my keypad

Post by admin » 25 Sep 2017, 08:52

LuaMacros were improved recently with funcionality related also to modifiers (see http://www.hidmacros.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=475) but still it is a tool that requires scripting/programming knowledge.
Also if you already used some tool to tweak a keyboard I doubt you can sucessfully use 2 keyboard tweaking software simultaneously.
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

zezor

Re: help remapping my keypad

Post by zezor » 25 Sep 2017, 14:14

Didn't know about that. Now it's easier to do what i want.
thank you very much. I'll try to do it my self and if i have any problem i'll ask for help.

thank you again.