Interrupt Callback Queue

Announcements, questions
Graciliano

Interrupt Callback Queue

Post by Graciliano » 29 Aug 2020, 04:57

Hi,

First of all, Petr, thanks a lot for LuaMacros, it's been helping a ton in my workflow!

I wonder, is it possible to abort the Callback Queue somehow?

Practical usage: I have set a key to cycle through the keyframes on the 3D animation software that I use, but when the scene is heavy, I get some delay between the pressing of the hotkey and the execution of the command due to CPU processing time, so I end up with a lot of executions happening long before I have released the button. As the command is called only when the key is down, I would like to be able to interrupt the callback queue when I release the button. What is happening now is that I have to wait until all the callback queue is done before I can get control of the software again. I have tried a loop structure that would be interrupted when the key is up, but it's no use because the callbacks have already been sent to the queue. Is there any way to break the callback queue loop?

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Interrupt Callback Queue

Post by admin » 31 Aug 2020, 09:12

It's not currently possible.
You can create github issue as feature request but honestly it will have low priority as it's quite edge case...
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author