Numlock

Announcements, questions
CrazyJane173

Numlock

Post by CrazyJane173 » 05 Sep 2018, 17:24

I'm new to Luamacros and am trying to program a cheap number keypad to control a Mach3 cnc router.
I've got most of the functions sorted but am having a problem with NumLock,
Luamacro seems to ignore the state of the number keypad's Numlock but reacts to that of the main keyboard, typically:
MPG.JPG
MPG.JPG (19.94 KiB) Viewed 3853 times
Is this a limitation of Luamacros or is there a workaround, any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks

eMund

Re: Numlock

Post by eMund » 06 Sep 2018, 07:02

I am currently also programming a number plate with number and for me it is an advantage. I do not know how your numb works but for me, certain buttons send a new key code when numb is active. For me, it works without having to do anything in code.

The keys that do not change the code with the number will get the same function all the time. May be useful to features that you want access at all times. For me, eg Ctrl + z, loss, shift, backspace ...

I use numb to switch between two different functions (navigation / programming).

Uses Exibel Wireless Numeric Keyboard

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » 06 Sep 2018, 08:41

Looks like window thing. I would say Windows don't distinguish which NumLock si on/off, using it as global switch for all keyboards and just giving priority to your main keyboard.
How it behaves without luamacros - if you want to type numbers e.g. to Notepad and set different NumLock on/off combinations?
Petr Medek
LUAmacros author

CrazyJane173

Post by CrazyJane173 » 06 Sep 2018, 15:18

eMund wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 07:02
I am currently also programming a number plate with number and for me it is an advantage. I do not know how your numb works but for me, certain buttons send a new key code when numb is active. For me, it works without having to do anything in code.

The keys that do not change the code with the number will get the same function all the time. May be useful to features that you want access at all times. For me, eg Ctrl + z, loss, shift, backspace ...

I use numb to switch between two different functions (navigation / programming).

Uses Exibel Wireless Numeric Keyboard
My problem is, with NumLock on I have an option to assign a macro to 18 keys, using NumLock off would make another 10 keys available,
However, I want to use me Number Keypad remotely, so having to select NumLock on the main Windows keyboard is not feasible.
My question is: does Luamacros have a method to allow the Number Keypad's NumLock control its own Keys?